CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2016

It's another Beautiful Day...

Hi folks, today I am sharing my DT tutorial for My Mum's Craft Shop...


When I last made a card using this stamp, I did receive lots of comments so as it is bacck in stock now over on the My Mum's Craft Shop store, I thought I would show you what I did.

First I cut a piece of watercolour card to size.

Using the Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set, I stamped up the flower and leaf using a veramark pad and then embossed the images with white embossing powder...I love white embossing with watercolouring.

Using my Zig clean Color Brush pens I first started colouring the leaves, just started with some colour at the stem ends and worked the colour out with a waterbrush.

Next I started in the centre of one of the flowers and not really being too precise, I coloured some yellow in the centre of the flower.

I then added some pink around the outside edges, this makes it easy to pull the colour from the edges and to blend with the yellow.

Using my waterbrush, I blended the yellow and pink together and then did the came on the next flower.

I just kept using the same process until all the flowers had been coloured.

I then went over all flowers and leaves added more colour util I got the shade I wanted....these pens are so vibrant you don't actually need that much colour.

I like to add shading around the images but instead of a normal greyish shadow I pulled the colour out from the flowers.... I think this is quite effective and it's a great way to cover up colour that has gone over the outside of the images.

I then loaded my waterbrush with colour and slashed some little splodges of colour...and then once dry I added some black splodges.


Here's the finished card.


products used:

challenges:
Less is More - one layer



Fi
x

4 comments:

Dora said...

This card is also awesome made! Thank you for your tutorial.

Fikreta said...

this is so nice!

Esther said...

What a stunning card Fiona! I love the bright colours and elegantly artistic effect <3 It looks like you've added a raised sentiment and layered the panel up, which unfortunately we don't allow in one layer week, but I'm glad you shared this beauty anyway - it's been a pleasure seeing it! Thanks for playing at Less is More :)

Kiwigirl said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful card and your technique. It’s so stunning!