CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Monday, April 02, 2012

My first GDT card for Cupcake...


Good morning folks and welcome to my first scheduled post of the day. When the lovely Faye dropped me an email last month to ask if I would be guest over at Cupcake Craft Challenge for the month of April....well how could I refuse!!

So here we have my first offering...the theme is "something you would find in your sewing basket". I have mainly focused on the stitching side of things and have used this fab digi from Clear Dollar Stamps called Sew Grateful which I thought would work perfectly.

I coloured the image with copics, the papers are Alora from Bo Bunny. I made the backing papers look like a patchwork effect and added some zig zag stitching, on the images I added some embroidered stitching. To finish I added a couple of buttons and I threaded the needle with some embroidery thread. Pop over to the Cupcake Craft Challenge Blog to check out the other cards...

Crafty Catz - use a digi
Patties Creations - anything goes
Stampin For The Weekend - anything goes
Do you Stack Up - sew it
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Digital tuesday - favourite colour(blue and green)
lexi's Creations - focus on the sentiment


Fi
x

25 comments:

HelenR said...

What a gorgeous card and a great sentiment! Helen :) x

Faye said...

Welcome to Cupcake Hun. These papers are fab and who says blue and green shhould never be seen? Brilliant sewing box themed card. Just gorgeous. xx

debby4000 said...

This is gorgeous Fi, love it.
luv
Debby

Tracey T said...

Fabulous, Fi! Love the patchwork effect and the threaded needle is a brilliant idea - I thought it was real! xx

Unknown said...

Absolutly stunning card Fi! So glad to have you as a GDT at Cupcake! So looking forward to see more beautiful creations from you!
Love that image and the lovely papers! have a fabby monday! hugs and sunshine!

Mau xx said...

This is gorgeous Fi, I love the image and your sentiment is superb.
brilliantly coloured too.
Hugs mau xx

Kim said...

This is wonderful! What a great idea, it all goes together so well.

Pauline said...

Brilliant card, love those thread spools, and the fab stitched edges.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Fi. What a lovely card. Fabulous image and I just love all the detail and textures you have added. Your sentiment is perfect for this card.
Thanks for taking part at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xx

Glenda Atkins said...

I love those blue buttons and your wonderful stitching. Beautiful colour choices and love how you coloured the thread, just a terrific card! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'focus on the sentiment' challenge!

marion said...

This is awesome !! Love it !! Such gorgeous project ! Hugs, Marion (fellow GDT)

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card. Not sure what you'd find in the bottom of my sewing basket.... other than moths ;)


xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab sewing card, love it.

coops said...

gorgeous card fi.the image is fabd and stunning colouring and design ;D

xx coops xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Really great themed card and a brilliant first GDT card for Cupcake too - its perfect! Love the added thread in the needle and great sentiment too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Donna said...

Hi Fiona, welcome to Cupcake, it's fab to have you on board as GD and with such a stunning card too! Beautiful design and really neat stitching, perfectly done :) Donna ♥ x

Shelly said...

Hello Fi... welcome to the Cupcake team! Your card is fab, love the image, perfect for the challenge, and the stitching is great! Shelly x

Unknown said...

Hi Fi - big congrats on the GD spot and a fab card! Wonderful image and a great layout - I must admit I thought the needle was real to begin with as well!!

Sarah

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, everything works so well together! I love it all! Thanks for being with us:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

Paola ♥ said...

Fantastic card!
I love it.

Hugs
Paola

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful stitching and distressing!

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

having a {me} day said...

Hi Fi, congratulations on your GDT spot at Cupcake, I am looking forward to seeing more of your yummy creations!! Love how you have taken the sewing box theme to heart and the gorgeous blue & green colour scheme. keeleyxx

Janice said...

Brilliant card, really love this one, Jx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Fi, it's such an honour for us to have you as GDT this month at cupcake. Your cards are gorgeous and the attention to detail is perfect. Love your papers and amazing stitching!! Hugs, Denise x